Life onboard will never be the same again with so many innovative and interesting ship features waiting to be explored. It’s more of an adventure, a whole lot of fun in the sun, some little luxuries and cruising magic. Get a load of these cool surprises sure to keep everyone happy at sea…
- Adventure Park P&O’s Edge is not for the faint hearted. If you’re up for some extra adventure, join the adrenalin junkies at P&O Edge Adventure Park. Zip line on the top deck, Funnel Abseil, Walk The Plank, Segway Obstacle Course, Bungee, Lasertag, take a Crow’s Nest Viewpoint, climb the Boulder Wall and more.
- Ripcord by iFly! “What the… Fly?” Believe it or not you have the opportunity to fly at sea. Literally fly (and we are not talking virtually)! Check out this Royal Caribbean’s “First-at-sea experience” and take the leap!
- Waterslides that jut out over the ocean (don’t worry they jut right back in to “slide you off”). With names like the Green Thunder (Carnival – Oz), Norwegian’s “Free Fall” or MSC’s 390 foot “Vertigo” or Disney’s Aqua Coaster on Disney Cruise Lines. It’s time to get your swimmers on!
- Speaking of swimmers… Surf’s Up! Royal Caribbean’s largest ship Harmony of the Seas Flowrider® lets you grab a board, catch a wave in a 40 foot long surf and hang ten right there onboard.
- Bumper Cars, Roller Skating, Indoor Ice Skating– I know right, it’s the last thing you’d expect at sea! Imagine Ice dancing spectaculars, taking the challenge of a bumper car battle… I mean ride, or get the kids roller skating – how fun!
- Outdoor large picture screen cinemas (“Movies Under The Stars” as coined by Princess). Enjoy the totally immersive phenomenon of viewing popular Hollywood classics and blockbusters out under the open sky! With all the comforts of home – Popcorn! Lounge Chairs, blankets (if needed) or towel if you are watching from the pool! Great for family-time or me-time!
- Spa indulgence galore! Speaking of me-time, pamper yourself silly at sea! There are facials, body sculpting, lava rocks, massages, face-peels, aroma-therapies, steam baths, mud wraps, lettuce wraps (OK, just kidding about the lettuce wraps… maybe!?). To indulge may cost a little bit extra, but hey, you’re on holiday and definitely worth it.
- Cooking Classes at sea by the world’s great chefs! Marco Pierre White, Atul Kochar, wine-guru Olly Smith have all been spotted onboard teaching the art of cooking! Chef’s Tip – be sure to check out some of the local cultural cooking excursions and demonstrations aboard the European & Asian river cruise itineraries.
- “The North Star”! Take yourself to new heights (over 300 feet) onboard a view-perfect jewel-shaped capsule suspending up to 13 people for a breathtaking 360° birds eye view of ship and sea.
- Wedding Chapels and Ceremonies at Sea – What’s more romantic than being married by the Captain? There are multiple venues aboard ship to choose from. Our top choice – a vow renewal or wedding inside Royal Caribbean’s “The North Star” – Wow!
- Solo cabins – Norwegian Cruise Lines were first at sea with purpose-built cabins for solo travellers with single mingles encouraged, including single TV lounges and supper clubs.
- Virtual Balconies – Inside cabins have just been revolutionized! Royal Caribbean’s newest ship, Quantum of the Seas, features ‘virtual balcony’ cabins. Each includes an 80 inch LED screen stretching from floor to ceiling. Impressively each virtual balcony display real time images of what’s going on outside – both at sea and in port.
Now you know that a cruising life is not all just bingo and bubbles! Cruises now cater for everyone from solo cruisers, romantic couples, the whole family and all of your friends. And, with new innovations appearing every year the BIG winner is sure to be you! So kick back, relax with a cocktail, mocktail or two or get ready for a mix of adventure, indulgence and discovery on your next cruising holiday!
Ready to go cruising? Time to call one of our Cruise Solution Specialists on 1300 657 948
Have you already cruised? Share your experience with us by sending your story to firstname.lastname@example.org